Friday 12 October 2007

BREAKING NEWS..FIRST PAID SALE!

News just in - one of the Disresponsible Nodpots has just had an article accepted for publication.

Yes, it's true - the shock waves are still rippling around the globe. Valpot's article on patron saints has just been accepted for publication by a prestigious Irish journal.

"It's like a dream," Valpot gushed. "I'm so thrilled!"

'I never doubted her for a second,' Marvin, chairtoy of the Disresponsible Nodpots said.

'I am so pleased, she has worked so hard and deserves every penny' Parsley, treasurer of the same society, was quoted as saying. No doubt this sale will also benefit the flagging coffers of the society.

Meanwhile DNOTY '06 had this to say.:
'Thanks to my presentation at the DN conference, Valerie has gone on to follow my four step programme, 'Writing is easy', to success' said Mungo.

'I'm too excited, I can't speak' Iseult, fellow DN member and former DNOTY winner said.

Reactions from the other Nodpots :

'Oh dash it' Sparkie said. Sparkie of course is currently top contender for the DNOTY '07 award.

'About time' Blueberry said. And as the DNs have been in existence ten years, I guess he's right.

"Maybe we should wait until next year before we go for the ultimate title," October said. "Too much competition this year!"

"What percentage will the DNs get from this sale?" November wanted to know.

Let's hope this is the first of many publishing successes for the DNs!

12 comments:

Raphaela said...

This is such brilliant news! Congrats Valpot, you are the best!

Anonymous said...

This is truly the Year of the Nodpots

Marvin said...

Well done Valpot, it is about time you were rewarded for your efforts. Please God this will be the first of many sales.

Inkpot said...

Congratulations, Valpot, for your glorious victory. Congratulations, Valpot, for your glorious victory. You said that you would do it, and indeed you did!

Anonymous said...

Hope the pay is good

Anonymous said...

Well done Valpot. I knew my lead was too good to last.

Bee Gears said...

What a scoop DN! This is the most exciting DN news since Mungo made DNOTY. I hope I get the interview with Valpot. I spoke to her earlier in the year and she is such an interesting, warm, entertaining and intelligent woman. I'm sure she will go from literary strength to strength.

Mungo said...

You see, WRITING IS EASY. Well done, Valpot

Anonymous said...

Woof!Woof! *wags tail happily*

Valpot said...

Thank you everyone for your good wishes - I hope it wil indeed be the first of many literary successes for the DNs!!

Anonymous said...

The flood gates are about to open and the world will soon be washed by the wonderful writing of the nodpots - congrats valpot for bravely leading the way. i hope your article will be published on this blog

Anonymous said...

Well written article.