Tuesday 9 October 2007

BEST BOOK SEPTEMBER CANDIDATES

A little belatedly, the list of candidates...


(Please note: due to the holiday season, a number of reviews were received by this blog but only posted October. Technically, however, they belong to September, so all reviews up to and including Mon 8th October are included).


The Bone Collector (J. Deaver)

The Empty Chair (J. Deaver)

Stir of Echoes (R. Matheson)

Somewhere in Time (R. Matheson)

Carry On Jeeves (PG Wodehouse)

The Softwire Virus on Orbis 1 (P Haarsma)

The Twelvth Card (J. Deaver)

The Vanished Man (J. Deaver)

The Father Christmas Letters (JRR Tolkien)

Watching the Magpies (Les Charles)

By the way, voting by email is no longer available. Please vote for your favourite book among the list of candidates by posting a comment on the website.


Voting open until Friday 12th October at midnight.

9 comments:

Inkpot said...

September is a hard month. Nothing is really standing out. The Jeffery Deavers are good, and The Father Christmas letters are very sweet. I guess my vote goes to The Bone Collector.

Marvin said...

I must agree with Inkpot and say that none of the books this month is a standout winner. I second her vote for the Bone Collector

DN Reporter said...

I think The Vanished Man - I believe it's a scream!

Mungo said...

Rainbow should be on this list. It is what I am voting for anyway.

Valpot said...

I'd love to vote for Rainbow - but when is it out?

So I'll have to go for The Bone Collector instead!

Mango said...

Rainbow & The Mountain of Life, of course!

Anonymous said...

Tottie the Demon Rabbit Slayer! (I don't have to vote for a book that's out, do I?)

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any but The Father Christmas letters sound the best by far.

Anonymous said...

The Father Christmas letters have a polar bear in them, so that gets my vote every time