Tuesday 3 April 2007

March Update on Pledges and targets

You may remember, dear reader, that early in March, the DNs gave their targets for the month. Most DNs had nothing to aim for, and those that did - well, they didn't sound too hopeful.

Let's start with Valinora Troy. Well, Valinora, how did you get on?

Valpot: Badly, I'm afraid. I'm not sure how many books I read during March. I hoped to get up to 36 by the end of March - sadly, I only reached 32. But that's not bad, is it?

(Shrugs) I'm not one to comment, but it's not good, is it?

Valpot: It's okay. I submitted Assignment 3 to the WB. One article got very positive feedback (though I was told to rewrite the other!) so I'm quite pleased with that.

Thought you wanted to submit Assignment 4 also during March?

Valpot: I did, but unfortunately I didn't. If you know what I mean. Still I'd rather aim high each month and fail than aim low and succeed. I think.

Sparkie had no targets this month, so Parsley, how did you get on with the accounts?

Parsley: The accounts are all perfectly in order, thank you.

Well done (as always!) October and November?

October: March was an extremely busy month for us, what with first birthdays and things.

November: So we didn't get anything done on our blog. But we will this month - before the next DN meeting too!

Best of luck with your plans. Though I wonder how many readers believe you will succeed...

November (looks angry): We will, I assure you!

October: We'll be back!

Marvin is enjoying a month off, with no targets for March. Blueberry did not bother either, and Mungo basked in his own (well-deserved) glory. Which leaves us with Inkpot (favourite with the bookies for first to get published). Inkpot, how was March for you?

Inkpot: I read 9 books and I wrote TTMF but not 50%, maybe 20 or 30.

Not too bad, considering all the big occasions during March. Well done, all you DNs, and perhaps later this week, you will your your April targets with us all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the noddies do better this month

Anonymous said...

Poor show, Dns - get to work!

Valpot said...

Well done, Inkpot! that wasn't easy considering all your other commitments in March!

Inkpot said...

Thanks VT, I didn't do very well. I must get organised and start reaching all my goals.

Anonymous said...

I am SO disappointed October and November haven't started their mystery blog yet, I was looking forward to reading some good literature at last.