Monday 23 April 2007

SUCCESSFUL LAUNCH...

Sunday 22nd April saw the long awaited launch of Mango: The Unlucky Monkey.




Cover of Mango: The Unlucky Monkey

As usual with anything Mungo is involved in, the launch was a great success.

Mungo and his new book


Excerpts were read by Iseult (the illustrator and rival DNOTY) and Pamela ("the judge") Murphy. Noted author Geri Valentine then said a few words about Mungo and his brilliance, and the author himself hosted a Question & Answer sessions.

Mungo with Iseult, the illustrator



Mungo with fellow author Geri Valentine

There was a big turn out for the event, and Mungo and his new book was greeted with riotous applause.

Needless to say, Mango sold out almost immediately.


Janna can't believe how lucky she is to meet Mungo

We will be reviewing Mungo's latest on this blog in the near future, but we're confident it will be another brilliant work of art!

Mungo with his fans!

Looking forward to your next book launch, Mungo!

8 comments:

Mungo said...

That was a lovely write up, DN. I was looking out for you at the launch, but I didn't see you. However, you forgot to mention Miss Monkey also gave a lovely talk. Cheers. Mungs XX

Inkpot said...

The book launch was very successful and was a great day. To really captured its essence, DN. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great day. How can a get a copy of the book, and how can I get invited to the next book launch?

DN Reporter said...

Sorry, Mungo and Miss Monkey - I had to hurry off early so I must have missed Miss Monkey's talk.

I'll watch out for it on the film!

Bee Gears said...

The book launch looks great, DN. Sorry I couldn't make it. I would liked to have chatted to Mungo again, he was so super when I interviewed him.

Anonymous said...

Was there any element of sarcasim when i was mentioned as "the Judge"

DN Reporter said...

Sorry, Pamela, but "The Judge" is how you're known in the lower social circles - your moniker, you know.

I'm not sure where the phrase originated, but I would not read it as sarcasm - it was not intended to be so!

We in the press have to be very careful about such things, you know - we'd never insult if we didn't have to.

Hope this clarifies your concerns, and clears up all misunderstandings on behalf of anyone else who might have been confused...

Mango said...

I love the pic of Janna and Mungo!