Sunday 14 January 2007

UPDATE ON PLEDGES

As we are almost half way through January, let's that a look at where those foolish nodpots who took pledges at the DNOTY dinner (under the influence, no doubt, of lots of bevvies) are.

Inkpot, you pledged to read 150 books and to submit The (as yet unfinished) Moonwolf Chronicles up to 30 times. How are you getting on?

Inkpot (big smile): Brilliantly! I have not yet submitted but I have commenced the edit of The Mark of the Wolf. I have also read 4.5 books.

That's very inspiring (hee, hee). And you, Valpot?

Valpot: Well, I'm pretty pleased. Yes, sir, pretty happy.

And...?

Valpot (smirks a little): I have read 3 out of 150 books, and started 4 others, so I'm sure I'll be well ahead of schedule soon.

But you need to be reading 3 a week, don't you? Any submissions yet?

Valpot: Yes. And no.

Okay, let's check with Mungo, DNOTY 2006. I'm sure he'll be well ahead of target. Mungs?

Mungo (frowns slightly): I'm busy hand picking my next 15 agents for the wonderful soon-to-be-award-winning book Leaf: In Search of Ramune.

Watch this space for more news!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see all the pledges are going so well :)

Anonymous said...

Poor Sparkie...

Anonymous said...

why poor sparkie?