Sunday 7 January 2007

Nodpot of the Year 2006

It seems only appropriate to start the year (and this blog) with a profile of the winner of Disresponsible Nodpot of the year (DNOTY) 2006.

But first, a review of the big night - December 31st 2006, where the trophy was unveiled, revealing the winner's name.

As everyone (in the world) knows by now, Mungo was crowned winner!


Here he is, pictured wearing the hat and sitting on his cup, and enjoying the company (or adoration) of his publicity manager, Mango.

The Nodpots engaged the services of Pinky (Pamela) as independent vote counter. Here she is, expressing her delight that Mungo won:


A lot of nasty words were spoken after the winner was announced, implicating the "judge" in some kind of bias or prejudice in favour of Mungo. This reporter wants to state categorically their belief in Pinky's integrity, and puts these rumours down to sour grapes.


There were actually 5 nominees for the award - Inkpot, Valpot, Marvin, Parsley and Mungo.


Before the vote - note their happy and expectant faces.

After Mungo was announced the winner, Valpot said: "I'm gutted! I just can't believe it! I thought the trophy was mine at last!"


She wasn't the only distraught one. Inkpot covered her face with her hands and wept (the photographs are too upsetting to publish). An insider source reveals an attempt to nobble Mungo as he took his place on the trophy - though Inkpot denies this.



The other Nodpots seemed to take the news of Mungo's win with equanimity



Marvin commented: "...Having never written before, Mungo produced an excellent novel in the form of Leaf: in Search of Ramune and submitted it to many agents. It is a mystery to me why it was not snapped up immediately, but I am sure he will gain that success this year. While he has not been as prolific as some of our other members, he had a longer journey to make and his peers have awarded him for his hard work, dedication and belief in his writing..."*

Parsley added: ".... I was surprised when Mungo won, but pleased for him as well. I felt very sorry for Iseult and Valerie who had worked so hard all year and didn’t win. They looked very upset..." *

October and November had no comment to make, other than that they were very pleased for Mungo, but as they both sported "Vote for Mungo" badges, we can guess where their loyalties lie.

Sparkie had this to say: "...I hoped Mungo would win because he said he would buy me a gavel for Marvin if I voted for him and he won. He did win, but I am still waiting for my gavel..." *

The other highlight of the evening was the inauguration of the Muffin Memorial Trophy. However, due to the importance of this award, we will leave this to a separate post.

Therefore we will leave the final word with Blueberry: "...2006 was a very sad year for me. I had a nasty accident and spent months in recovery. I lost my best friend Muffin and this new beast has invaded my lair. Then the Nodpot of the year was announced. I wasn’t very interested because I wasn’t nominated this year. I tried to talk to them about having more meetings in the house, but they wouldn’t listen. Mungo won. I found it amusing. He had asked me to vote for him, but I can’t remember whether I did or not in the end..." *


* Full text of what these Nodpots had to say about DNOTY 2006 will be published on their dedicated profiles.

2 comments:

Inkpot said...

This is a wonderful post about the Nodpot of the year ceremony. I almost feel I was there (wait - I was!) I love the pictures and the quotes. You are the best, DN Reporter

Anonymous said...

fantastic post - i love the pics and the narrative. i look forward to lots more exciting entries.