Friday 17 August 2007

POLL RESULTS

In a surprising turn of events, the nodpot voted most likely to be DNOTY 2007 was tied between Valpot (who has produced nothing new this year) and Inkpot (ditto), with 30% of the vote each. Mungo (whose second book of the year is on the printing presses as we speak, and his third promised before the end of the year) received a low 20% of the vote. Sparkie also received support - 10% of the voters, while 10% also guessed that a nodpot other than those mentioned would scoop the coveted prize.

I assume that many of Mungo's supporters were too busy anticipating his new book to vote, or realise that one existed.

I wonder how many of those eligible to vote in December actually voted on this poll.

It would also be interesting to know where the respective nodpots stand in relation to points accumulated so far this year - as you know, these points count as much as votes on the day. Perhaps Marvin could supply us with this information?

We shall run the poll again in a couple of months time to see if people's views change.

2 comments:

Mungo said...

I am shocked and stunned by this result. I am the most productive Nodpot of them all. I have won best book of the month three times already this year. I have one book published to high critical acclaim, another coming out - as you state - and a third due at Christmas, with a competition under my belt as well. What have the others done? NOTHING! I am really really shocked.

Anonymous said...

i agree Mungo - something went wrong. xxxxx