Thursday 9 August 2007

A Few Words from SPARKIE


My name is Sparkie and I have been a member of the Disresponsible Nodpots since the very first meeting on the 27th July 1997. I am writing this as a warning to anyone who enjoys fame or favour at the moment. This too will pass. You may feel that the world is your oyster, that everyone wants your opinion and that you are indispensable. This is an illusion. I know this, because once I was in that vaulted position. I was favoured, taken everywhere, consulted on every topic. I had the best clothes, the best everything in fact. I was loved by all. And where am I now? People hardly know my name. My halcyon days are long forgotten. So, be warned, you who are flying high at this current age, for your hours are numbered and they are fleeting. You would do well to think on the days to come when all that you now hold dear has turned to dust and what will you turn to for comfort then. Mark my words, your life will not always be as it is now.

I suppose, the reverse is also true.

Sparkie.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sparkie, that is sooo sad. you ARE very loved by one and all. xxxx

Valpot said...

Everybody knows and loves you, Sparkie! Don't be so down!

I know of one person who has - well, her memory is not as good as it was and she has to rely on Inkpot to remember things for her - so you should not let this memory-challenged person depress you like this; she can't help it.

You're a wonderful member of the DNs, achieving something this year that I thought nobody could do!

You must be the leading contender at the moment for DNOTY '07!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pinky and Valinora, it is nice to know someone cares