Tuesday 29 May 2007

BOOK OF THE YEAR - READER'S CHOICE

As we are inflicting so many book reviews on our readers, it seems only fair to ask the readers to vote for their own favourites.

Eligible books are those which have been reviewed on this website during 2007 (either by Inkpot or Valpot, or by guest reviewers).

We will put together a shortlist, consisting of two books from each month. Obviously you may not have read them the same month as the DNs, so this is the proposed schedule:

Votes for Best January Read from the January posts: Votes from readers by May 31st, the two shortlisted books for January will be announced the following week.

Best February Read: Votes in by June 8th. Announced the following week.

Best March Read: Votes in by June 15th. Announced the following week.

Best April Read: Votes in by June 22nd. Announced the following week.

Best May Read: Votes in by June 30th. Announced the following week.

Only one vote per reader. You can vote by posting on the blog (no anonymous votes will count) or by emailing me at parsleynoir@hotmail.com. Mark it for my attention.

If you like, you can email me with your list for all months to date!

Looking forward to receiving lots of entries!

6 comments:

Inkpot said...

This is such a brilliant idea DN. I find it really hard to chose though. I read so many good books in January - 24 Hours, Leaf, 7 Days in Hell, Brother Odd, the Lucky Diamond. I think my vote goes to Black Rabbit Island though.

Marvin said...

It is hard to make a choice, but I'm voting for the Lucky Diamond for January

Mungo said...

Leaf, Leaf all the way, Leaf in Search of Ramune.

Bee Gears said...

Oh DN, what a super idea! January seems so long ago now, but looking back over the reviews published here, there are so many fabublous books to look at and I haven't read any of them! (except Leaf). Brother Odd by Dean Koontz got glowing praise indeed. It is too hard, I don't think I can vote!

DN Reporter said...

Yes, January was a good month. Tomorrow I'll post a list of January candidates.

Thanks, Inkpot, Marvin and Mungo - I'll record your votes for Best January Read.

Valpot said...

It's a really tough choice, but I'm going for 7 Days in Hell (I read Leaf in 2006...)